College of Behavioral and Social Sciences Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 21, 2021 ~ 2PM (Virtual)
As you prepare to embark on your next journey after graduating from the University of Maryland, what reflections would you share with your fellow graduates?
The College of Behavioral and Social Sciences will select two students, one undergraduate and one graduate student, to deliver a 3-minute speech at a commencement event. The theme of the speech is entirely up to you, but must speak to all graduates from the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences.
A winning speech will:
- Emphasize experiences unique to the University of Maryland and the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Have a clear theme
- Be well-written
- Be delivered in 3-4 minutes
The selected student speaker will get to deliver his/her message to students, faculty, and guests during a BSOS commencement event.
- A GPA of 3.50 or better
- Cleared for Spring 2021 graduation
- Undergraduate candidates must have completed at least 60 credits at the University of Maryland, College Park
You will be required to answer the questions below along with the submission of a resume/CV and 2 references:
1. What is your BSOS and Maryland journey?
2. What would be 1) memorable UMCP experiences, 2) experiences unique to BSOS 3) other reflections, and 4) goals/hope for the future that you would want to share with the audience?
3. Why do you feel like you should be selected to be featured among your graduating class?
The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 26th. To access the application, please visit: go.umd.edu/springstudentspeaker2021.