A degree from the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences (BSOS) at the University of Maryland prepares students for their careers, where they will work to Be the Solution to the world’s great challenges.
When hiring Maryland students, employers expect career-ready graduates who bring their knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to the field.
The new BSOS Career and Advising Campaign will build a BSOS-central, co-located, career planning and academic advising hub. This hub, with additional physical space, expanded staff and new programs will:
- Build upon existing career advising at the university and department levels.
- Connect career and advising messaging through shared programs.
- Serve as a point of connection for students as they navigate their next chapter after graduation.
- Expand access to internship and professional mentoring programs.
- Support faculty integration of career planning into classroom teaching.
Engage alumni in programing as mentors, coaches and recruiters.