A Seat at the Table: Stories and Lessons from UMD Alumni is a new series featuring alumni from the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences at the University of Maryland, representing an array of industries and organizations. This series focuses on what it means to have a "seat at the table?" How does one get there? Who are your table guests? And how do you use your voice and influence within your organization once at the table? Through this program, we highlight BSOS alumni in mid to senior positions and learn from their leadership and personal experiences. This month's program will focus on the professional accomplishments of our Latinx alumni as part of UMD's Latinx Heritage Month programming.
Featured Alumni Panelists:
- Dario Cavazos'03 (CCJS) Financial Advisor, Edward Jones
- Lillian Cruz '99 (GVPT) Deputy Chief of Staff, Montgomery County Council
- Erwin Hesse'10 (CCJS) Executive Director of Enrollment Management, Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
- Ivonne Corsino Lindley'97 (GVPT) Principal, Stein Sperling Bennett De Jong Driscoll PC.
- Ivan Mendizabal '06 (CCJS) Vice President Compliance Counsel, Angelo Gordon
Jennifer Kilberg, Director of Alumni and Donor Relations, University of Maryland
Valeria Morales'18 (GEOG) and current M.S Student in Geospatial Information Science
Graduate Coordinator for Latina/o/x Student Involvement - MICA
Student Liaison/Membership Chair for the Latinx Alumni Network
This event is sponsored by the BSOS Alumni Chapter Board.
You will be muted upon joining the Zoom meeting. We ask that you please remain muted and join without video. You will have the opportunity to submit questions using the chat function.
For questions about A Seat at the Table monthly series or about this specific event, please contact Jenny Kilberg, director of alumni and donor relations at jkilberg [at] umd [dot] edu.