A Seat at the Table: Stories and lessons from UMD alumni is a new series featuring alumni from the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences at the University of Maryland, representing an array of industries and organizations. This series focuses on what it means to have a "seat at the table?" How does one get there? Who are your table guests? And how do you use your voice and influence within your organization once at the table? Through this program, we highlight BSOS alumni in mid to senior positions and learn from their leadership and personal experiences. This month's program will focus on Women in Economics and will feature accomplished economics alumnae.
Featured Alumni Panelists:
- Lucie Lapovsky, Ph.D. (ECON), Principal, Lapovsky Consulting
- Melanie Lynch, B.A. (ECON), Senior Economist & Managing Director, Graham Capital Management
- Aparna Mathur, Ph.D. (ECON), Senior Economist at Council of Economic Advisers, The White House
- Shaba Nassar, B.A. (ECON), Public Engagement Associate, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- Judith Hellerstein, Professor and Chair, Department of Economics at the University of Maryland.
This event is sponsored by the BSOS Alumni Chapter Board.
Please share your questions on the registration form.
You will be muted upon joining the Zoom meeting. We ask that you please remain muted and join without video. You will have the opportunity to submit questions using the chat function.
For questions about A Seat at the Table monthly series or about this specific event, please contact Jenny Kilberg, director of alumni and donor relations at jkilberg [at] umd [dot] edu.