Travel Card Payment Services
The Smart Center can arrange payment for airfare, travel insurance, hotel, registration fees, and car/limo service. By using this service travelers will have less out-of-pocket expenditures. All expenses paid using the Travel Card will be allocated to a departmental account. Therefore, the Smart Center cannot pay for any service unless a Travel Approval Request form has been submitted AND approved.
The Smart Center can only pay for airfare through one of the three University travel agencies (Travel-on, Omega, or Globetrotter). By phone, set up your reservation through the travel agency. Inform the travel agent that you are a BSOS traveler and payment will be arranged through the Smart Center. Then submit the Travel Approval Request form. Once the Request is approved, a system-generated email will be sent the agency you selected authorizing them to ticket your reservation.
Phone: 301-403-4278 (after hours 800-366-2100, Code: 16XL, UMD)
Phone: 301-570-0800 (after hours 866-235-5467, VIT Code: S9TX5, Profile: UMD)
Phone: 877-403-4282 (after hours 800-474-6342, UM Code A5L9)
The Smart Center can purchase travel insurance through Globetrotter or Travel-On for your next business trip. Please call Globetrotter or Travel-On to receive a quote.
- In order to arrange payment for a hotel stay, please provide all hotel contact information when you submit your Travel Approval Request. If you make the reservation after a request is submitted, please email the reservation information to email@example.com.
- Verify that the hotel you are choosing accepts Master Card and third party payment.
- Make the reservation at the hotel of your choice.
- Notify the hotel that the University of Maryland will be using a Corporate Master Card, and have the hotel fax a credit card authorization to the Smart Center at 301-314-7960.
- The Smart Center will fax the hotel all the information needed to authorize Room and Tax expenses to be charged to the Smart Center's Master Card.
- As a precaution the traveler should call the hotel two days before travel to verify their payment information is correct, so we can correct any problems before check out.
Lodging at the Marriott UMUC Inn & Conference Center
Marriott UMUC reservations can be booked online. To receive University of Maryland corporate rates, please see Travel Service's UMUC Inn and Conference Center Reservation Procedure page.
If you have a traveler that needs to arrange for a car rental or car service for transportation to and from the airport or campus, please contact the Smart Center at 301-405-8282 so that we can offer suggestions.
The University of Maryland, Department of Business Services has also arranged a number of corporate discounts with car rental agencies. Please click here to view these options. The Smart Center cannot arrange third party payment with these vendors.