OACS maintains 5 open computer labs in the basement level of Lefrak Hall for members of the University of Maryland community. Labs 1, 3, 4, and 5 may be used for instructional purposes (classes, demonstrations, etc.), while Lab 2 is reserved for student usage.
- 20 workstations plus 1 instructor station
- Overhead LCD projection with sound
- SmartBoard technology
- Ability to electronically “join” all labs, providing instructional opportunities for up to 80 students at one sitting
- Access to BSOS software and the Internet
- Access to pay-for-print printing (both color and black & white)
Applications loaded onto the lab PCs:
- Microsoft Office
- Stata MP
- Stat Transfer
Two computers in Lab 2 are specifically designed to handle graphics intensive tasks, like image manipulation and scanning. Each computer is connected to a flatbed scanner with document feeder, which allows users to scan hard copy documents and/or photos and convert them to PDF. These computers are self-service and first-come first-serve.
Labs may be reserved for purposes other than official University of Maryland classes, based on availability. Fees may be charged based on the nature of lab usage.
Fall and Spring Semesters
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 7:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday – Sunday: CLOSED
Summer and Winter Breaks
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday – Sunday CLOSED
Please Note: OACS has adopted the WEPA printing system.
Teaching a Class?
Instructors, submit a
Lab Reservation Request