Professional Track Faculty
Information on this page addresses the promotion process for professional track faculty. The University's guidelines for the Appointment, Evaluation, and Promotion (AEP) of Professional Track faculty (PTK) are found here. The College-level AEP guidelines for PTK faculty are found here.
A candidate's preparation for evaluation and promotion review begins when they enter the University. The unit administrator must provide the candidate with a copy of the department AEP criteria by which they will be evaluated.
The Office of Faculty Affairs - AEP Resources and Links
- The Office of Faculty Affairs Website: https://www.faculty.umd.edu/index.html
- PTK - AEP Forms &Templates: https://www.faculty.umd.edu/main/resources/forms-and-templates#ptk-aep-forms-am…
College AEP Deadlines for AY2020-2021
- The deadline for promotion cases to the highest level in PTK ranks is December 1, 2020. Please note that promotion cases to the middle level in PTK ranks may be submitted at any time, but no later than April 1, 2021.
College AEP Committee Members AY2020-2021
- Dr. Vivian Sisskin, PTK-AEP Committee Chair | HESP
- Dr. Matthew Roesch | PSYC
- Dr. Brian Barker | GEOG
- Ms. Elizabeth Martinez, Coordinator of Faculty Affairs and Graduate Education
- Dr. R. Patricio Korzeniewicz, Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs
AEP Promotion Cases to the Highest Rank: Since PTK faculty at the highest rank are now eligible for Emeritus status and these promotions must be approved by the Provost, the University requires the documents listed on the AEP Transmittal Form in the dossier.
AEP Promotion Cases to Middle Rank: For cases to middle rank, the document requirements are the items identified in the department's plan for that specific title series. The department's AEP promotion criteria (signed and dated) and the AEP Transmittal Form must be included when the case is routed to the College for review.
For BSOS Department AEP Managers: The candidate review materials, teaching portfolio (if applicable), and supplemental materials (if applicable) must be bookmarked and in searchable text. The dossier elements to be bookmarked are listed at the bottom of the AEP Transmittal Form and must be in the appropriate order. All the materials must be submitted through the online Appointments, Promotions, and Awards (APA) management application. Go to http://faculty.umd.edu/apa, log in with your university login, and follow the instructions in the "Help" section. There is no need to notify the Dean's Office or the Office of Faculty Affairs when you upload an AEP dossier; the system will generate an automatic notification.