Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty
College APT Deadlines for AY2018-2019
- The deadline for tenure cases is Friday, November 9, 2018.
- The deadline for promotion cases is Friday, November 16, 2018.
- Please note that there is no deadline for new external candidate cases. Starting in FY19, the Office of Faculty Affairs requires that all Emeriti cases be submitted May 2018 through December 2018.
College APT Committee Members AY2018-2019
- Dr. Erkut Ozbay | ECON
- Dr. Scott Kastner | GVPT
- Dr. Jude Cassidy | PSYC
- Dr. Kathleen Stewart | GEOG
- Dr. Brian Johnson | CCJS
- Dr. Liana Sayer | SOCY
College APT Checklist and Additional Resources
- Please refer to the AY2018-2019 College APT checklist and notes in addition to the materials provided by the Office of Faculty Affairs. The College checklist should serve as an aid to organizing the APT dossier before submitting it for review and approval at the next administrative level.
- Starting AY2018-2019 and moving forward, all promotion and tenure candidates are responsible for producing the citation counts in their review materials. In order to have the most accurate and complete citation information, candidates should provide the counts themselves. They are the experts of their research and publications and ultimately, they must certify that the citations are a current and accurate statement of their professional record.
- For Department APT Managers: The candidate review materials, teaching portfolio, and the optional supplemental materials must be submitted through the online Appointments, Promotions, and Awards (APA) management application. Go to http://faculty.umd.edu/apa, log in with your university login and follow the instructions in the "Help" section. There is no need to notify the Dean's Office or the Office of Faculty Affairs when you upload an APT dossier; the system will generate an automatic notification.
The Office of Faculty Affairs - APT Resources and Links
The Office of Faculty Affairs
2117 Main Administration Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
- The Office of Faculty Affairs Website: https://www.faculty.umd.edu/index.html
- The APT Manual and Guidelines: https://faculty.umd.edu/policies/documents/APTManual.pdf
- APT Forms, Templates, and Samples: https://www.faculty.umd.edu/faculty/promotion.html#ttkforms
- Tenure Delay Information: https://www.faculty.umd.edu/faculty/promotion.html#tendelay
University of Maryland Policy on Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure of Faculty