Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty
College APT Deadlines for AY2019-2020
- The deadline for tenure cases is Friday, November 8, 2019.
- The deadline for promotion cases is Friday, November 15, 2019.
- Please note that there is no deadline for new external candidate cases. The Office of Faculty Affairs requires that all Emeriti cases be submitted May 2019 through December 2019.
College APT Committee Members AY2019-2020
- Dr. Peter Murrell | ECON
- Dr. Johanna Birnir | GVPT
- Dr. Andres De Los Reyes | PSYC
- Dr. Kathleen Stewart | GEOG
- Dr. Partha Lahiri | JPSM
- Dr. Liana Sayer | SOCY
Additional Notes and Resources
- Starting AY2018-2019 and moving forward, all promotion and tenure candidates are responsible for producing the citation counts in their review materials. In order to have the most accurate and complete citation information, candidates should provide the counts themselves. They are the experts of their research and publications and ultimately, they must certify that the citations are a current and accurate statement of their professional record.
- For Department APT Managers: The candidate review materials, teaching portfolio, and the optional supplemental materials must be submitted through the online Appointments, Promotions, and Awards (APA) management application. Go to http://faculty.umd.edu/apa, log in with your university login and follow the instructions in the "Help" section. There is no need to notify the Dean's Office or the Office of Faculty Affairs when you upload an APT dossier; the system will generate an automatic notification.
The Office of Faculty Affairs - APT Resources and Links
The Office of Faculty Affairs
2117 Main Administration Building
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
- The Office of Faculty Affairs Website: https://www.faculty.umd.edu/index.html
- The APT Manual and Guidelines: https://faculty.umd.edu/policies/documents/APTManual.pdf
- APT Forms, Templates, and Samples: https://www.faculty.umd.edu/faculty/promotion.html#ttkforms
- Tenure Delay Information: https://www.faculty.umd.edu/faculty/promotion.html#tendelay
University of Maryland Policy on Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure of Faculty